Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 9844 Cabs

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SoccerNHockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2004
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found an old hand drawn plan for the 9844 cab but it is hard to read. Is the vent just a 2"x10" slot that is 3/4" deep? Does anyone have any detailed info on the plans? Such as how much room does all the cleating and componets take up? I am going to make my boxes without any of this, Will this make a difference in my box volume? Any info about this cab would be greatly appreciated.

    Chris

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Fitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Chris,

    The plan I have says that the vent is 2 inches by 10 inches and is just the thickness of the 3/4 inch plywood. The cleats typically don't take up much room but you can calculate the volume for each one if you are not going to use them and make the cabinet a bit smaller. My experience has been that having them for rigidity is preferable to not having them.

    I'll email you the one plan that I have.

    Regards,

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Charles Chance's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Chris,
    It looks like a scan of the original drawing can be found here:
    http://www.lansingheritage.org/images/altec/plans/1970's-lf-plans/enclosures19.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.